Do you own a bad PC? A really, really bad one? It might be bad because it’s antiquated, in ramshackle condition, overwhelmed with a desktop full of junky software, or just plain ugly–or maybe all of the above.
Well, if you do, today might be your lucky day–we’re looking for the worst computer in the country. And when we find it–or at least the worst one possessed by someone who enters our contest–we’ll give its owner a truly nifty new PC, the HP Envy 13, courtesy of HP.
The Envy is less than an inch thick and weighs 3.74 pounds. It includes:
- Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor SL9600 (2.13 GHz)
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 Graphics
- 13.1″ HD LED Infinity WS Display (1600 by 900) with 82 percent color gamut and 8 millisecond response time
- 250 GB (5400RPM) hard drive, 5GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Blu-Ray drive
- 4-cell Li-Ion Battery
To win it, just tell us about your crummy computer in words, pictures, and/or video. Here are the official rules and regulations:
1) Entrants must be residents of the United States.
2) Your entry should concern a computer you’ve owned (ideally one currently in your possession), but it doesn’t have to be your primary machine, or one that’s presently in operation. The lousier the better!
3) To enter, post a reply in the contest discussion at http://community.technologizer.com/forum/topics/the-worst-pc-in-america no later than 5pm PDT on Friday, October 16th. Use of photos (one of ’em, at bare minimum) and videos is encouraged.
4) To post, you’ll need to be a registered member of the Technologizer Community. Please verify that you’ve supplied a working e-mail address so we can alert you in the event that you’re a winner; we won’t use your e-mail for marketing purposes or share it with third parties.
5) You can upload and embed photos using the editing tools at the contest discussion. Upload videos using the Technologizer Community’s video features or with YouTube or any other service you choose, and embed them in your your entry.
6) Feel free to blog, tweet, or otherwise tell folks about the contest (and your entry in it). Use the address http://technologizer.com/worstpc to link to this page.
7) We’ll judge entrants based on the badness of the PC, effective use of words, image, and/or video, and overall creativity; the judges’ decision will be final. The winner will be notified no later than October 19th and will receive the HP Envy 13 shortly thereafter.
8) You keep all rights to your entry, but agree to allow us to use it in conjunction with this contest. At our discretion, we may remove entries from the site or edit them, but all entries will be considered when we choose a winner.
9) If you have any questions about the contest, please e-mail us at [email protected].
Got all that? Here’s the community discussion, which starts off with Harry’s look at the worst PC he owns. (No, he can’t enter the contest). Please enter, have fun, and tell your friends–we want the winner to be a doozy.